EasyRead is a Confluence Cloud addon made with love by Qawa!
It helps users to write “readable” Confluence pages.
“Readable” pages offer several benefits:
- Save time for the readers: the reader quickly understands the information
- Ensure the message is conveyed: readable content is easier to absorb whatever the audience
- Ensure the content is enjoyed: the reader is motivated to progress through readable content.
In EasyRead, the readability of a content is expressed by several metrics:
The metrics are aggregated into a Global Readability score.
The Global Readability score and the metrics are accessible through a Report on every page.
The Global Readability score is mapped into a Global Readability level: it provides the range of the Global Readability score at a glance.
This Global Readability level is visible as a byline item under the page title.
The customers are Confluence Cloud users with Write permissions on a given page.
EasyRead aims at helping users write readable Confluence pages in an efficient way.
EasyRead computes several Readability metrics on the page and combines the results in a Report.
The Report provides the Global Readability score along with the metrics results.
For each metric:
- A result category is computed and represented with a symbol
- A result explanation is provided
In the Report, the metrics are ordered according to their result category:
Here is a Report example
Access the Readability Report
- When loading a page, the Global Readability level is displayed right under the page title.
- The Global Readability level is expressed by a text and an icon.
- When clicking on the EasyRead byline item, the user accesses the Report for the page.
Compute the Readability Report
The Report is computed when:
- A page is created (at publication time)
- A page is updated (at publication time)
- There is no existing Report and the byline item is clicked on